IRONBOUND CIDER FARMS OWNER
In this captivating first-person perspective podcast episode, Charles Rosen takes us on a journey through his life and the transformation he experienced when he left the city and started a farm in New Jersey. From his initial skepticism to his deep connection to the land, Charles shares his insights on regenerative agriculture, community building, and the importance of reconnecting with nature. With a mix of humor, personal anecdotes, and thought-provoking discussions on systemic issues, Charles invites listeners to explore the intersection of farming, social justice, and sustainable living. Get ready to be inspired and gain a new perspective on the power of community and the beauty of Jersey.
00:00:25 Fascinating interview covering various topics.
00:09:46 Finding peace in meaningful work.
00:11:05 Building a strong interconnected community.
00:16:27 Food system relies on exploitation.
00:21:32 No takeaway
00:30:29 Embracing and celebrating New Jersey.
00:36:06 Connecting urban and rural communities.
00:37:35 Connection to land and community.
00:42:28 Alternative regional food system.
00:47:12 Creating reciprocity in farming.
00:52:31 Slow down and listen to the land.
00:59:53 Take action for community change.
01:02:26 Embrace opportunity, overcome fear.
From City to Farm: A Journey of Connection and Community
Introduction: In this blog post, we will explore the fascinating journey of Charles Rosen, a former attorney and film producer, who found his true calling in farming and building community connections. Through his Jersey-based company, he is redefining the concept of success and sustainability, while celebrating the diversity and richness of the Garden State.
Section 1: Discovering a Deeper Connection
- Leaving the city and finding peace in farming
- Understanding the importance of soil health and community building
- Shifting from an individualistic mindset to a collective approach
Section 2: Building a Jersey-Centric Business
- Embracing the agricultural roots of New Jersey
- Connecting with diverse growers throughout the state
- Supporting immigrant women entrepreneurs in the food industry
Section 3: Overcoming Challenges and Embracing Change
- Navigating rural poverty and marginalized communities
- Addressing systemic issues in the food system
- Creating alternative models for success and sustainability
Section 4: Celebrating Jersey Pride
- Rediscovering the historical significance of Newark cider
- Preserving farmland and promoting regenerative agriculture
- Fostering connections between urban and rural communities
Section 5: A Community United
- The power of place and the importance of local connections
- Bridging the gap between urban and rural populations
- Creating a sense of belonging and shared purpose
Conclusion: Charles Rosen’s journey from city life to farming exemplifies the transformative power of connecting with the land and building community. Through his Jersey-centric business, he is not only redefining success but also addressing systemic issues in the food system and fostering a sense of unity among diverse populations. As we embrace the lessons from his story, we can find inspiration to create our own connections and build a more sustainable and inclusive future.
Keywords: Regenerative farming, Clarkson farm, farming, cider, New Jersey, Montclair